With the NAGC behind me, I’ve been hard at work trying to figure out how to best balance the various aspects of go in my life. In terms of the magnitude of impact go has on my life, here are the various activities I’ve outlined:
- Blogging - For those who have never blogged before, it’s not easy trying to find ways to ensure that you are providing current and interesting topics for your readers. So as you can imagine, a lot of time can be spent on this aspect.
- Playing games - Since go is more of a hobby for many people, it’s rather easy to play in intermittent periods of free time. For me however, I’ve realized that my games take a bare minimum of one hour (and often lean closer to two). And if we include the review, that’s a pretty big chunk of time. Haha.
- Studying / Training - They say that consistency is the key to the fruits of hard labor. Well, as much as I’d love to be studying go all the time, I have found that once I start studying, the hours pass me by as well. Not to mention, I have so many things I want to study!!! So my mind is often split in fifty different directions. Big problem.
From my previous experience, I know that I can be prone to burnout if I become overly zealous. So over the weekend and for the rest of the month, I’m working on developing a system that will prevent burnout and me disappearing for months on end because I let the rest of my life deteriorate. No worries though, I don’t foresee that happening. =)
On a happy note, starting in March, I am happy to report that you can look forward to the following on the blog:
- Monday Go Meditation - You will find a in depth game review of a game that I played every Monday at 9:00AM!
- Weekly Go Wednesday - Just like before, you can look forward to go articles or reviews every Wednesday at 9:00AM!
- Friday Go Forward - In continuation with the naming conventions, I will be letting you know my weekly progress every Friday at 9:00AM!
Hope everyone had a great weekend!