For those who aren’t aware, I became a GoTeachingLadder reviewer some time ago; but I have yet to see a request for a review yet. Then, as fate would have it, hilbert90 made a brilliant suggestion for the upcoming Monday Go Meditations series: Why not open the reviews to the readers as well?
So, without further ado, I am excited to announce that:
Q: What does it cost?
Other than submitting your game record and allowing me to use your game review in a post, it’s ABSOLUTELY FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Q: Why should I submit my game here instead of GoTeachingLadder?
- Unless I’m out of town with no access to any internet, you can expect a turnaround within a week.
- When your game review is posted on the blog, you might get some interesting insights from other readers!
Q: How do I submit my game to you?
- Use the contact form to submit a SGF file to me.
- Save your game on Eidogo and be sure to include the link when you send your email.
Q: What can I expect from the game review?
- An in-depth review that primarily focuses on the game from your perspective.
- My thoughts on what I think you’re trying to do and other ways I might have approached the same situation.’
Q: Can I include questions or comments in my game?
Absolutely! In fact, the more you include in your game record, the better tailored the game review will be!
Q: With Monday Go Meditation being a weekly event, won’t it take awhile before I see my review?
Excellent point. This is why I will be making sure to send you your review beforehand if the scheduled publish date is more than a week away.
Q: I’m not comfortable with people knowing it’s my game. How do you plan to mitigate that?
Unless you specify otherwise, I will make the following modifications to all games:
- Both players’ names will be changed to Black and White respectively.
- Ranks of both players will be kept (if the information is provided) in order to give more perspective on the game.
- The date and time of the game will be removed to further anonymize the game.
Q: How will I know when my game is being featured?
- When you submit your game record, I will send you an email confirming that I received it and an estimated time as to when it will be featured on the blog.
- I will send you a confirmation email a week before the game review is posted to inform you of the actual publish date.
- A final reminder email will be sent out the day the post is published.
If you have any other questions or are having difficulties getting your game to me, just contact me and we’ll be sure to work it out together! Can’t wait to see your games!