In case it wasn’t apparent to everyone, this week has been entirely centered around boxing analogies along with handicap go. There hasn’t been as many ranked games as I might have liked, but the amount of go I’ve been playing/studying seems to be harmonizing much better with the rest of my life. Still fine tuning a number of things, but just glad to not feel overwhelemed by go anymore.
- KGS - 2 games (2 wins : 0 losses)
- DGS - 2 ongoing games
- Nova - 3 ongoing games
- 20 tsumego problems each day.
- Worked Mastering the Basics: The Basics of Go Strategy.
- Started reading Kage’s Secret Chronicles of Handicap Go.
- When attacking, strike at the vital points while maintaining strength and not overextending yourself.
- It’s okay to let things live or give your opponents points, as long as you are getting more in return.
- Don’t over think your moves in turn based go. Rather than spend hours staring at the screen trying to make the perfect move, you will learn and gain more by playing more games and learning from your mistakes.