Life is funny sometimes. Just when I thought I had a breakthrough in my go, I went ahead and played one of the worst games I’ve played in awhile. For those who have experienced the ups and downs of go, you know what I’m talking about: reckless go. For those who don’t know what it is, it consists of the following:
- Follow my opponent around the board.
- Try to kill everything possible.
- Fail to notice any of my own weak groups.
- Have little to no legitimate purpose behind my moves.
- Play locally and hope it works out on the entire board.
Fortunately, I was not given the chance to slink away in shame and got promptly reamed out for my play. So, as instructed, I will be taking tonight to retreat into solitary and repent for my miserable play by writing down “The List” 50 times. (Proof will be posted tomorrow.) In addition, I want to thank my opponent for not letting me get away with my overplays. I will give you a better game next time!
Below is the game record for your laughter and entertainment. =)
Sorry, your browser doesn’t support WGo.js. Download SGF directly.