As this is my first week back since my vacation, it has been a relatively light week that has consisted of me trying to get my feet wet again in the world of go. Like I mentioned before in a previous post, I’m working on hard on really gaining a better understanding of what I’m capable of maintaining consistently without burnout.
Playing ranked games has been a little weird and disappointing since I can’t seem to hold my own at the moment, but I’m trying not to let it bother me too much since I am a bit rusty and loss through very clear and obvious mistakes. So as long as I work hard to become more disciplined about how I play each move, my games should improve without much effort.
- KGS - 6 games ( 2 wins : 4 losses )
- DGS - 2 ongoing games
- Nova - 4 ongoing games
- 20 tsumego problems each day.
- Worked on Mastering the Basics: 501 Tesuji Problems.
- Started on Mastering the Basics: The Basics of Go Strategy.
- Avoid blitz games and games 25 minutes or less since I am a thinker. Fast games will come when my fundamentals are more solid.
- Really need to stop the bad habit of “Let’s play here and see what happens.”
- Got to keep working on thinking of games as if I’m playing myself.